So if you don't want to hear the ramblings of a pregnant lady stop reading right NOW!
I just wanted to share some funny things I have heard in the last few weeks. It's really quite an experience being pregnant with twins and what people say to you .
MY favorite so far and actually most common is this:
Aren't you glad you're not having EIGHT? or At least there are not EIGHT babies in there.
Really?!?!?! cause I was kind of hoping there was. DUH!
Then, there is when people ask us about names, what we will be naming the babies and then when we tell them our ideas they go on and on about why we shouldn't name our kids that. When did it become anyone else's decision? I don't care if you knew a joe blow that was fat or picked his nose, I didn't and don't put that image in my mind and ruin the name for me too.
I told you to stop reading.........
So I walk into my dr's appt this week and my dr. says, " WOW Amy, you look really pregnant today, like you could deliver any day now." I don't know about you but it's not something I want to hear at 22 weeks. But I just laughed and said ya I wish.
Now I know lots of people probably don't know what to say and are just trying to make conversation, however, I still think it's funny what people come up with.
Lots of people keep telling me that I look small for having twins, I don't why this one bothers me so much. It's not like I want to hear HOLY CRAP you're huge. Honestly I think that is why I am so uncomfortable because there is not a lot of room in there for them. Plus I don't feel small. I also tell them oh don't worry I'm sure I will get bigger soon! lol.
Don't get me wrong I am so glad to be having more children and have been waiting for this for awhile. I can't wait for them to get here. It's an amazing miracle that our family was chosen to take part of.
I'm glad to have so many friends that have been through this same thing and I have a deeper respect and awe for what they have accomplished. Being pregnant is not an easy task no matter how many babies you are having. It's amazing that our bodies can go through so much and be somewhat normal afterwards.
If you liked the rambling, I'm sure to be doing it alot more with all the resting I'm enjoying. :) P.S. Someone is shrinking all my maternity clothes, HOW RUDE!
9 years ago

8 comments:
You crack me up!! What are you naming those kids? Please don't say Trevor and Dodie, because Trevor had warts all over his hands and Dodie peed her pants walking home with me! lol!! I hope to be making some cute hats for those kids!
LOL! Hilarious! Glad to see you finally updated! I personally really like the names Joe and Blow! Very Original! No, but I do know what you mean, everyone has an opinion on the whole name thing and it's usually negative.
Dang Karalee...Dodie was in the running! JK!
one time i suggested to friend that he name his twins after my sister and myself and he just gave me a dirty look. the nerve. ;)
It's me...I've been shrinking your clothes...sorry. I was just trying to help!
Jason died that people have acctually told you not to name your kids what you've choosen. Rude much? YOu should aske them what naem they have planned out and then tell them they shouldn't name their kids that and see how they react!!!
i love when random people in the grocery store touch my pregnant belly as if there were an invitation on my forehead that said if you are a stranger. . . place hands here and rub gently! WHAT? oh and you know how i feel about your names! i luff 'em!
yeah beckie and have been sneaking in and washing all your clothes in hot hot water.. trying to mess with your head.. as for preg in general.. everyones a critic.. and they let you know.. so pick your name and carry on.. or make up some really great ones.. Clay told people we were naming brodo stringfellow.. he could say it with a straight face.. go that route.. and at least get a kick out of it.. and not from the babies..hang in there!!
I love the last statement about your clothes shrinking. I would watch out for that Beckie character. Lock your doors!
so i was totally laughing at this post! - it totally sucks when you're only having one and people tell you you look like you're having twins...they obviously don't value their lives!
Post a Comment