Friday, April 18, 2008

If The Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know It's Me

Lately, I have been finding humor in my life. What am I talking about lately, my whole life has been humorous. I'm really thinking about writing a book. Ha! Now that is really funny, I can barely read one let alone write one. Anyways, here are a few things that have made me laugh lately.

First, when we moved into this house Jacob apparently didn't like the way I was parking in the garage, so he put up a tennis ball hanging from a string to direct me. lol. You know the ones you see in old people's garages. I guess I was parking too close to his car and to the back door. lol. whatever! When the boys asked him why he did this he said, cause mom can't drive. HOW RUDE!!! I haven't taken a mirror off one of our cars in at least 5 years. COME ON!
Anyways, sometimes or actually most of the time I park so that the tennis ball is on the side of my car. When I'm in a hurry it comes into the car and I have to flip it out to shut my door. Well, because most of my life I'm in a hurry, I've driven off quite a few times with the tennis ball in my car and have just ripped it right from the ceiling. I have lost count how many times its happened but it happened again today. The best part is I didn't even notice until I was already headed down the alley and spotted something yellow out of the corner of my eye. DUH!!!!

Next, Brayden is learning quite a few new words in the 3rd grade, and these are not the ones on his spelling test either. Oh and the jokes he comes home with, I honestly can't believe he tells them to me, but glad he does so I can explain to him why they aren't appropriate. lol. Like the ones about the big hairy pickle or the 50 foot snake. It's hard not to laugh and try to explain that that joke should never be repeated. YIKES!!!!

Also, My sister posted a blog about a really good lotion to use, so I went to wal-mart to buy it today. I have had really dry arms from one of my prescriptions I've been taking. I thought I'd give it try. I came home and slathered it up and down my arms and sat down at the computer. Then the burning begins and keeps getting worse. It reminded me of the time I was making salsa and was cleaning up the counter afterwards and without thinking used the paper towel I used to wipe up the counter to wipe my nose and got jalapeno juice up my nose. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I immediately called my friend Nobody, with my nose under the faucet and told her to google jalapenos up the nose. Within seconds she had me sticking peanut butter up my nose. AWWWWWWWW the relief.
I almost rubbed peanut butter on my arms but it finally went away. Apparently my skin is very sensitive as well as dry and they put jalapenos instead of aloe in my bottle of lotion. lol.

P.S. I googled funny blog titles and came up with titles for country songs, hence the title of my blog, I just thought it was funny and true. I hate calling people. lol. If I've talked to you on the phone you know you are a true friend. lol.

17 comments:

Family Days said...

LOL!! You are a nut! I especially like the tennis ball story...I can just picture it. That made me laugh so hard. The jokes...oh I can only imagine what he comes home with, we have a pretty raunchy kid that lives next door, and I cannot believe the words that come out of his mouth, we have to go inside every time he comes out so I can preserve my children's innocence for at least a few more years!! and the lotion...lol...I have never used it on my arms only after shaving my legs, I guess it doesn't do so well with ringworm!! hehehe!

Rebecca said...

thats funny, I just bought some speed bump looking things that go in the garage to tell you when you have pulled in far enough.. Clays grandma had the tennis balls.. to much work to get up and hang a ball.. funny that you keep driving off with them!! Perhaps the lotion is killing the ringworm and thats the pain.. ha ha.. peanutbutter up your nose.. I am calling nobody to verify that story.. to funny.. thanks for not calling.. :)

Stephy Sue said...

oh no!! That lotion...that sucks! If the world's so bad with your kids, I can't imagine what it will be like for mine..we're not planning on kids for a while...oh geez...the tennis ball story was pretty funny! I've actually seen that quite a lot but I thought it was for not getting too close to the back of the garage! I guess you can use it for more than one thing!

Sarah Tilley said...

write the book, i'll buy a copy. :)

Jaime said...

You've finally said it, I am not a true friend! You never call me! But then again, I never call you do I? I have some lotion you might like. It's on the tropical traditions website, it's called baby silk, organic, love it, lather it all over, and love it MORE!!!!

Jaime said...

You have ring worm?????

Family Days said...

LOL!! Yes she does, isn't that horrible?

Bex said...

I use Burts Bees lotion, myself. Just my two cents. LOL...peanut buuter up the nose??????!!! Well, nkow I know, for one of those "just incase" moments.

S said...

So who keeps putting the tennis balls back up?

S said...

So is Nobody a true friend or not? Confused. You call her AND she tells you to put peanut butter up your nose?

S said...

Thank heavens it wasn't habanoros (sp?) or it might of been sour kraut up the nares!

S said...

no! wait...... sour cream up the nares!

Kikibug said...

OH MY, I can't believe your 3rd grader learns things like that.. I can't believe you HAVE a 3rd grader! I don't know if I am ready, Judson is still saying things like "Dave likes to wear Dirty underwear".
We are having the sex talks already and preparing him for when someone tell him stuff/jokes about sex and to come ask us.. I hope he is as open as your boy.
You are CRACKING me up w/ the tennis ball thing..we had one up there but Judson couldn't resist and pulled it down. I miss it actually. I am ALWAYS WAY too close to the door. I can't believe you DRIVE off with it.. I will have to tell my husband so he can lay off the "Kiki is a bad driver thing"~at your expense of course.

wendy said...

Amy, the book is definately a must! The title, "Wake up and smell the jalapenos"!!! Wait tell you hear my stories about boys!!! Later, I have someone reading over my shoulder!

Anonymous said...

did i just pee my pants? that was so hilarious! also sorry about the ringworm. i had scabies in high school and i was allergic to the cream that kills them. it gave me this other rash, but i kept rubbing it on my arm, thinking it was still the scabies . . . it wasn't.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

NOBODY said...

You are likable and this blog smells nice. I hate comment spammers.

So, you are very funny, I loved the stories. I love having days or moments when it seems like so much is funny.

I had forgotten about the jalapeno/peanut butter incident. That was funny. Well, AFTER you stopped the burning, I mean.

I believe the REAL song title is, "If yer phone ain't ringing, baby it's me."

Why are people talking about ringworm? Did I miss something?